Timeline allows you to see a history of installs for a technology over time by Alexa Rank. You can see where the technology is trending in terms of adoption for trend analysis.
What’s in this article:
- How to use Timeline for an individual technology
- Using Timeline in targeting
1. Search for any technology in the search bar on the top left of any page of the platform or click into the Technologies tab and select a technology in which you have access.
2. Click on the Timeline tab. The graph displays domains that have installed the technology over time sorted by Alexa Rank. This is further broken down by the number of Alexa Top 10K websites, Alexa Top 100K websites and Alexa Top 1M Websites that have installed that technology as of the date the timeline displays.
Using Timeline in Targeting
1. Click on the Targeting module on the left-hand side of the platform.
2. Use the conditions Added or Dropped for the technology to see the full list of results. You can use other Targeting conditions to further refine your search (i.e. Alexa Rank, Industry, Company Size, etc.).
3. Click Run Targeting Report to view the results.
Pro Tip: For technologies that offer annual subscriptions, use the timeline Added functionality to look back at companies that have installed the technology 9 months ago and are 3 months out from renewal to target. In this example, we’re looking back 9 months ago from now (September).