Customer Migration allows you to identify trends when companies add and drop technologies in the same category during a specific timeframe. Customer Migration allows you to infer that a company dropped a technology and added its competitor.
What’s in this article:
- How to use Customer Migration for an individual technology
- Using Customer Migration in targeting
Using Customer Migration
Search for any technology in the search bar on the top left of any page of the platform or click into the Technologies tab and select a technology in which you have access.
2. Click on the Customer Migration tab. The chart displays technologies in the same category and the number of websites that switched to your technology from another technology for the given month (which can be changed using the drop-down menu on the right-hand side).
3. Change the timeline by clicking on the dropdown on the top right. This goes back to when Datanyze first started tracking the technology (the longer a technology has been tracked, the more months will be displayed).
Using Customer Migration in Targeting
1. Click on the Targeting module on the left-hand side of the platform.
2. Use the conditions Added and Dropped to identify companies that added one technology and dropped another during a specified time frame.
3. Click Run Targeting Report to view the results.