You must have Contacts enabled on your account and have already created a Prospect list. Contact support if you do not have Contacts enabled, and click here to learn how to create a Prospect list.
This article will show you how to export contacts directly to Salesforce from your Prospect list in Datanyze and check for duplicate Salesforce records.
What’s in this article?
- Connecting to Salesforce
- Adjusting Your Export to Salesforce Settings
- Exporting to Salesforce
- Matching Domains
1. Before you can export to Salesforce, you must first connect your Datanyze account to Salesforce. This is done in your Datanyze Account Settings > Integrations > Salesforce tab.
2. Click on the green Connect button. This will prompt you to log into Salesforce.
3. Once you get to the Salesforce login page, please input your Salesforce credentials to connect. If you are already logged into Salesforce, it will automatically connect.
4. Once it’s connected, the green Connect button will turn into a red Disconnect button.
Changing your Export of Salesforce Settings is easy. You can choose whether you want Datanyze to create a new lead, contact, account or opportunity in your export settings. When Salesforce OAuth is enabled and your export a prospect, we will check for duplicate records of that same type (E.g. If you have selected that you want Datanyze to create a new contact when exporting from a Prospect list, we will de-dupe for other contacts with the same email address, as well as check for existing Accounts with a matching website). You can also select what you want Datanyze to note as the source when exporting a contact or domain. By default, it will display Datanyze. If you have a custom Salesforce domain, please enter that in the final field. See image below for an example.
Once you have created a Prospect list, you can export any or all of those contacts directly to your Salesforce instance.
1. Select the checkbox next to each contact that you want to export, or select the top checkbox to select all.
2. Click the Export button (a box with curved arrow), and select Export to Salesforce.
3. Once you click Export to Salesforce, the de-dupe window will pop-up to ensure that we add the contact to the right account (if you have chosen for us to create a contact). Datanyze will populate the account name and Salesforce ID if there is an existing account in Salesforce. If there is not an existing account, it will create a new one. You can also manually select to have Datanyze create a new account, or you can manually input a Salesforce Account ID to indicate where you would like the Contact to be created.
After you have reviewed the Export to Salesforce Contact details, click the blue Export button on the bottom right side of the window and Datanyze will push the contacts to Salesforce.
The Datanyze Salesforce Integration is designed to work by matching a domain to existing Accounts within your Salesforce by looking at the email or website field. If a contact you're pushing over has a domain that matches the website field of an existing account, this contact will be added to that specific Salesforce account.
One aspect that does not matter in the matching will be the initial "www" or "HTTP" section of the URL. The Datanyze algorithm does not take that part of the URL into account when matching domains. These will not cause your Accounts to be pushed into new and/or separate IDs within Salesforce.
Note: If you export to Salesforce by clicking the Salesforce icon next to a contact or domain anywhere else in the Datanyze platform (aside from a prospect list), or if your Datanyze account is not connected to Salesforce, it will not check for duplicates and simply create a new record.